Compaints and Reporting a Siginficant Performance Failure

Whilst the Association always strives to adhere to its values and provide an excellent service at all times there will be occasions where you might feel the need to complain about the level of service you received.

We at Ruchazie Housing Association value complaints and we use the information gained from them to help us improve going forward. If something goes wrong or you are dissatisfied with our services then please tell us.

We regard a complaint as any expression of dissatisfaction about our action or lack of action or about the standard of services provided by us or on our behalf.

You can complain about things like:

  • Delays in responding to your enquiries and requests
  • Failure to provide a service
  • Our standard of service
  • Dissatisfaction with our policies
  • Treatment by or attitude of a member of staff
  • Our failure to follow proper procedure

If you feel you need to make a complaint you can complain in person at our office, over the phone, in writing or by email. When complaining please tell us your full name and address, as much as you can about the complaint, what has gone wrong and how you want us to resolve the matter.

You can view our Complaints Proceedure

Reporting a Significant Performance Failure to the Scottish Housing Regulator
The Scottish Housing Regulator (SHR) can consider issues raised with them about "significant performance failures".  A Significant performance failure is defined by the SHR as something that a landlord does or failed to do that puts the interests of its tenants at risk,  and which the landlord does or fails to do that puts the interests of its tenants at risk,  and which the landlord has not resolved.  This is something that is a systematic problem that does,  or could,  affect all of a landlord's tenants.  If you are affected by a problem like this,  you should first report it to us.  If you have told us about it but we have not resolved it,  you can report it directly to the SHR.

You can view the SHR Complaints & Significant Performance Failures leaflet here.

A complaint between an individual tenant and a landlord is not a significant performance failure.  Significant performance failures are now,  therefore,  dealt with  through the complaints handling procedure.  You can ask us for more information about significant performance failures.  The SHR also has more information on thier website: